Family Law Attorneys Handling Out-Of-State Custody Cases

The only thing reliable in life is that it will change. New job opportunities, a desire to be closer to family, remarriage: whatever may drive a divorced parent to move to a new location it is likely that it will be necessary to modify the terms of a child custody/visitation agreement.

At the Jackson law firm of Abbott, Thomson, Mauldin, Parker & Beer, PLC, our family law attorneys can provide experienced legal guidance in matters concerning out-of-state custody and relocations. We work closely with our clients to help reach a resolution that always keeps the best interests of the children in mind.

We Provide Representation For Parties On Either Side Of The Issue

One parent's desire to move away can cause friction between divorced couples, especially if the divorce was particularly contentious. A parent may claim that he or she has legitimate reasons for seeking a move, while the other parent may claim that it is merely a ploy to keep him or her away from the children.

Our lawyers provide representation for parents who are wishing to move to another city or state, as well as those who wish to challenge a move because the other party's motivations are suspect. Regardless of which side you may find yourself on, you can rely on us to provide supportive legal counsel throughout your case.

Working Toward Solutions Everyone Can Agree Upon

When it comes to parental relocations, the last thing we want to do is tear families apart. That is why we make every effort to help parents find an amicable resolution to their situation. It may make sense to modify a parenting plan so that a child is given holiday visits. Other options may include a reduction in child support payments to help account for travel expenses. We will work side-by-side with you to help develop innovative solutions that everyone can live with.

Contact Our Attorneys For Help With Michigan Child Custody Issues

We are committed to helping resolve even the most complicated child custody matters. Contact us online or call 517-917-0946 to schedule an initial consultation to discuss your situation.